BV S MARK (NRTL) FOR WIRELESS PRODUCTS
North America Safety Certification for Wireless Products
About Bureau Veritas NRTL/ SCC Mark
Products come and go, but manufacturers and retailers must sell safe products.
The brand image and reputation a merchant has carefully nurtured for years can be tainted in an instant if their product suffers a major recall or a liability for injury suit. One incident can wipe out previous efforts in a single loss. Certification inspires confidence that your products meet established safety standards.
Access to the lucrative North American market is a must for most manufacturers of electrical or electronic products. To access this market, certification is generally required for the U.S. and Canada
What is the safety certification for USA & Canada?
There are several third-party organizations that are recognized as having the capability to provide product safety testing and certification services to manufacturers for a wide range of products in North America. They are represented in the U.S. by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) and recognized by the government agency OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration). In Canada, they are represented by Testing Organizations/Certification Bodies recognized by SCC (Standards Council of Canada). The testing and certifications handled by these bodies are based on product safety standards developed by U.S. or Canadian-based standards development organizations such as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), AAMI, CSA, and UL.
Bureau Veritas provides the necessary tools to meet certification requirements with an enhanced process. Bureau Veritas Littleton, MA Laboratory is an approved NRTL listed on the OSHA website (http://www.osha.gov/) and in Canada as listed on the SCC website (www.scc.ca/). Its employees are skilled in handling all aspects of testing, report writing, final reports, certification, initial plant inspections and follow-up service. This allows us to provide rapid turnaround, resulting in a shorter time to market and ultimately less expense. We can also provide you with the added convenience of arranging a transfer of existing certifications
- Define product scope
- Determine Target Market (International approves can be bundled in)
- Conduct testing as determined by standard, including EMC, ENV, Safety, EEV…etc
- Generate test report
- Issue certification
- Yearly follow up inspections (Usually 2 times per year) to ensure continued compliance
Bureau Veritas NRTL solution:
The Bureau Veritas S Mark, recognized by Regulators, Retailers and Manufacturers as a means of market access for North America
- Overview: Certification for North American Market covering wireless enabled AV/IT, Power Tools, Lighting, Household Appliance, Medical, and Laboratory-Test/Measurement equipment.
- Available Worldwide: We can test products at our labs worldwide and issue applicable certifications
- Recognition: The NRTL/SCC mark is accepted by regulators, retailers and manufacturers throughout North America
- TAT: Typically 15 days
- Easy file transfer: If clients already had an existing certification for North America, clients can transfer from that accreditation body to Bureau Veritas for minimal charge.