Cosmetic & Household
Essentials with Confidence
Health, beauty and domestic goods such as make-up, face cream and cleaning products often contain substances that require careful handling during manufacture, especially as they come into contact with consumers’ skin.
OUR APPROACH TO COSMETIC & HOUSEHOLD PRODUCT TESTING
To help make homes safer, Bureau Veritas applies extensive testing and quality assurance methods to products including cosmetics, household chemicals, medicines, over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and nutritional supplements.
We can offer applicable comprehensive test packages to:
• Analyse products for perceptual qualities and performance characteristics
• Identify and measure the presence of active ingredients
• Assess physical and chemical properties, including microbiological testing
• Apply sensory evaluations
Our services for personal care and household products also include:
• Annual testing programmes to provide technical reports on quality and consistency
• Product development programmes which provide technical reports for the vendor selection process
• Sample procurement service to collect products from store shelves for testing
• Consumer panel evaluations
• Quarterly and annual executive reports to help you effectively manage quality systems
• Development of test protocols, methods and specifications
• Regulatory consulting
Bureau Veritas is a recognised leader in consumer products testing for cosmetics and household goods, with labs and specialists in every selling and sourcing region.
The technical team at Bureau Veritas includes highly qualified chemists, microbiologists, engineers and industry professionals with extensive knowledge of comparative product evaluations, sensory panels, cosmetic regulatory reviews, chemistry and microbiology.