Automotive Connectivity Testing
Full range of wireless solutions for connected and autonomous vehicles
Two convergent mobility megatrends of Autonomous driving and Connectivity will continue to change the automotive industry, impacting all suppliers.
- Autonomous driving: The timeline for level 4/5 autonomous keeps accelerating as necessary economics, regulations and technology fall into place: Penetration rates for autonomous cars (SAE level 4/5) may reach a level between 5% and 26% in ~15-20 years.
- Connectivity: In digitization, artificial intelligence offers almost limitless possibilities while connectivity-enabled technologies are reaching mainstream application: Within the next 10 years almost all cars in mature markets will have some form of connectivity
Whilst existing suppliers will address and develop these modified and new components, a new band of components suppliers will also be entering this market, looking for guidance on how to comply with OEM and international specifications covering quality, safety, environmental considerations as well as connectivity where applicable.
Bureau Veritas, with connectivity labs worldwide, is a leader in Connectivity Testing for consumer goods, telecommunications as well as Automotive and Mobility. Our capability includes:
- Personal Area Network Technologies: NFC (Tolling / Payment), Bluetooth, Qi (Wireless Power Charging)
- Local Area Network Technologies: WiFi, DSRC
- Wide Area Network Technologies: 2G/3G/4G-LTE/5G, NB IoT/LTE-M, LoRa, SigFox