WORKING TOGETHER WITH CONFIDENCE
Independent audits of working environments are very valuable for businesses wishing to develop an effective social compliance programme, as they can cover complex issues such as local social conditions, cultures and languages of workers and standard industry practices, along with any applicable laws and regulations.
OUR APPROACH TO SOCIAL AUDITS
With over 1,300 laboratories and offices across more than 140 countries, Bureau Veritas is superbly positioned to provide independent social compliance audit services.
We use local auditors who are familiar with all areas of social compliance in their region, so we can perform thorough social audits and inspections of compliance-related processes and controls; and also report on results.
A BROAD RANGE OF ASSESSMENTS
Bureau Veritas evaluates supplier compliance with a variety of social standards, including corporate codes of conduct and industry standards established by organisations such as the International Council of Toy Industries (ICTI), Worldwide Responsible Accredited Production (WRAP), the British Retail Consortium (BRC), the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI), and the Supplier Ethical Data Exchange (SEDEX).
This allows the option of including additional value-added assessments that can benefit both our clients and their suppliers.
Our social audit expertise includes:
• SMETA – an audit procedure which is a compilation of good practice in ethical audit technique
• In-depth compliance monitoring of manufacturing issues, labour standards and local customs
• Developing and implementing solutions for high-profile multinational companies
• Web-based solutions for real-time access to audit status, audit results, and supply chain trends
• Comprehensive code of conduct programmes
• A proven ability to deliver seamless global services with rapid response capabilities
• Provision of collaborative visits for multiple clients to share costs and remediation efforts
Bureau Veritas has extensive experience of designing and implementing compliance programmes for organisations of varying sizes and operational perspectives. Plus, our proven methodology covers all elements of supply chain social compliance and is designed to inject confidence into design, development and implementation processes.