APPAREL & TEXTILE
DRESSING WITH CONFIDENCE
Consumer expectations are complex and ever-changing, particularly within a fast-moving industry such as the clothing and textiles market. Meanwhile, manufacturers and retailers want absolute confidence that their products meet the high standards of safety and government regulations.
Achieving these objectives is crucial to avoid the risk of poor reputation, clothing returns and product recalls, due to avoidable issues such as poor quality or non-compliance.
OUR APPROACH TO APPAREL TESTING
At Bureau Veritas, our in-depth process for softlines such as apparel and textiles includes:
• Product evaluation at development and pre-production stages
• Testing to national and international standards
• Assessments for regulatory and safety compliance
• Product evaluation for appearance, quality and performance
• A technical support network to answer questions, interpret results; and help to manage your quality assurance program
• Defect analysis of customer complaint items or manufacturing defects
• Comparative analysis of own-brand products with the competition
• Design evaluations regarding particular design concerns, or applicable regulatory and safety requirements
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Our quality assurance service for softlines is designed to ensure that products:
• Meet regulatory requirements for each distribution country
• Face minimal risk of substandard merchandise and costly customer returns
• Are subject to enhanced risk management and brand protection
Our extensive testing capabilities include:
• Technical outerwear testing including moisture vapor transmission, air permeability analysis, waterproof performance and thermal insulation properties
• Down and feather analysis including composition, oxygen content, turbidity and fill power
• Flammability testing for general wearing apparel, children’s sleepwear and home furnishings (rugs, carpets, blankets, etc.)
• Toxicology testing for formaldehyde, lead content, EN-71, AZO dyes and nickel-free
• Care label verification and development to demonstrate compliance with the requirements of the Federal Trade Commission
• Colourfastness testing for washing, crocking, lightfastness, perspiration, water, saliva, etc.
• Detailed fabric and garment construction analysis including fabric weight, thread count, and yarn size
• Yarn analysis including type of spinning process
• Fibre composition and identification on specialty fibres such as wool and cashmere, along with all fibre blends, from polyester to denim and everything in between
• Mechanical safety review of children’s clothing to verify the product meets the Consumer Product Safety Commission regulations for small parts, sharp edges, drawcords, etc.
• Hosiery evaluations on socks and pantyhose, including detailed fit analysis
• Physical testing including tensile strength, tear strength, abrasion, pilling, etc.
• Trim testing for buttons, zippers, snaps, elastics, metal hardware, etc.
• Chemical discharge monitoring services
At Bureau Veritas, we provide full quality assurance services on a continuous basis to help protect your reputation and brand.
We can work with you to identify quality concerns prior to distribution; monitor your private label brands throughout their life cycles; and assess all your products, including textiles, apparel and home furnishings, for regulatory compliance.
A worthwhile quality assurance service does more than simply test the compliance of your softline products – it also protects your brand, through a comprehensive package of analysis, inspection and consultation to ensure quality, safety and more.