Bureau Veritas CPS is a designated body across a range of type approvals. This means that it can perform inspections and tests to support the release of reports needed for the granting of the Type approval certificates issued by the competent type-approval Authorities.
- Type approval of Vehicle, components, systems, and STU of cat. M, N, O, according to framework regulation 2018/858/EU (Motor vehicles, their trailers, systems and components) and its delegated and implementing regulations;
- Type approval of Vehicle, components, systems, and STU of cat. L, according to framework regulation 168/2013/EU (Two and three-wheel vehicles and quadricycles) and its delegated and implementing regulations;
- Type approval of Vehicle, components, systems, and STU of cat. C, T, S, according to framework regulation 167/2013/EU (agricultural and forestry vehicles), and its delegated and implementing regulations;
- Type approval of Devices, systems and components according to UN/ECE Regulations;
- Small series type approvals, Individual vehicle approvals.
In service conformity / Control of production
Bureau Veritas supports manufacturers in achieving compliance with the Regulation for which it has been type-approved, by supervising tests on its products during the production phase after the type-approval process is ended. Through this process, manufacturers have continuous control and confirmation that all the prescriptions of the regulations are met.
Modern vehicles include hundreds of connected components (ECUs) which monitor and control implemented functionalities. While some of the ECUs are responsible for the operation of the main vehicle functionalities such as brakes or engines, others are linked to modern functionalities such as infotainment, vehicle-to-vehicle, vehicle-to-infrastructure, etc.
The latest UNECE regulations – on Cybersecurity (R155) and Software Updates (R156) – were created to keep track of the threats associated with modern vehicles.
Bureau Veritas supports manufacturers with official type-approval inspections to demonstrate compliance with the a.m. Regulations.
Inspection for conformity assessments - Global footprint and partnership
With an extensive footprint globally across Asia, North America, Europe & South America, Bureau Veritas offers the convenience of global coverage, with a wide range of local services supported by experts in the specific market.