The Bureau Veritas lab in Buffalo, NY is pleased to announce new testing capability to detect the presense of Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS), and Polynuclear(Polycyclic) Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) in textiles and leather.
PFOA and PFOS chemicals are used to give water and oil resistance to products. Both chemicals are very persistent in the environment and in the human body and can accumulate over time. There is evidence that exposure can lead to adverse human health effects. Although PFOA and PFOS are no longer manufactured in the United States, they are still produced internationally and can be imported into the United States in consumer goods such as carpet, leather and apparel, textiles, paper and packaging, coatings, rubber and plastics.
The Buffalo lab can perform anaylsis for PFOS/PFOA to low levels by HPLC/MS/MS in the following product categories:
- Coated fabrics,
- Leather and coated leathers
PAH compounds are also known carcinogens, and industry standards and governments around the world are restricting the presence of PAHs in consumer products. PAH testing can help confirm compliance with international chemical and product safety legislation and client RSL testing protocols. The Buffalo lab can perform PAH testing on textiles, polymeric and other materials.
Why choose BV Buffalo to conduct your chemical testing and analysis
- Our highly trained chemists have over 50 years of combined experience in chromatographic analytical chemistry and are dedicated to providing accurate and reliable results.
- Technical staff available to answer questions and provide support and guidance to resolve challenges.
- Quick testing turnaround time. Rush service available upon request.
- Competitive pricing
- Superior customer service
Related Regulatory Updates:
• Newly Proposed and Enacted PFAS Laws (June 2021)
• Washington State Bans PFAS in Four Types of Food Packaging (March 2021)
• Toxics in Packaging Clearinghouse Publishes Update to Model Legislation (Feb. 2021)