Trending Product Categories in Ecommerce in 2021
Mar. 9 2021
Looking for sourcing in-demand products and categories to sell in the different online marketplace for 2021? According to our research based on search data and online marketplaces’ search results, there are some products which we can classify into below trending product categories:
- At-home exercise – It’s not difficult to understand why the at-home exercise category is becoming one of the best-selling online product categories, given the mandatory shutdowns of gyms around the world. Exercise bands, dumbbells, weighted armbands, yoga mat, balance ball are some perfect examples in this category.
- Work-from-home furniture – By 2025, an estimated 70% of the workforce will be working remotely with at least five days a month. Desk storage organizers, laptop stands, stand up adjustable desks, and lap desks are some work-from-home hard goods.
- Pet products – The pandemic seems to have accelerated Pet owners’ acceptance of e-commerce. From the large and bulky pet products like food to daily essential products like dog poo bags, kitten littler box and sands, pet hard goods demand will continue to surge in 2021.
- Health & hygiene products – According to Catalina's Buyer Intelligence Database for the US market, here are the top 5 biggest growing categories for grocery and drug stores in 2020 and we expect the surge will continue:
• Home health testing kits (include face masks) – up 314%
• Liquid hand soaps – up 246%
• Disinfected cleaners – up 235%
• Personal moist towelettes – up 155%
• Household cleaner pre-moist wipes – up 19%
Bureau Veritas offers comprehensive packages that include product quality testing, inspection, and audit programs for online retailers and their supply chains. Talk to our product quality specialists to discuss your product quality needs and you can also check out our solutions.