Walk with Confidence
Protecting brand equity and reputation whilst validating product quality, performance characteristics and durability are traditionally prime concerns for footwear retailers and brands.
Navigating the increasing trend towards customization and the adoption of smart technologies such as wireless (Bluetooth, WiFi) or 3D Printing is increasingly becoming a real challenge impacting the footwear industry. As such, buyers or sellers of footwear have to navigate multiple criteria to remain successful:
• the evolving consumer need for speed and customization
• the changing regulatory and commercial landscape
• shifts in sourcing patterns
• innovations such as smart or intelligent footwear
Never has there been a stronger need for a testing, inspection / audit and certification partner not just with broad capabilities but also with a global footprint.
Bureau Veritas supports you with a worldwide network of fully equipped laboratories enabling faster speed to more markets for ever complex products.
We have been testing women’s, men’s and children’s shoes made of leather, plastics, synthetic leather and other materials for many years now. All around the world our experienced professionals, who are also represented in national and international standard committees, can develop an appropriate testing concept based on your specific needs, educate your team and your supply chain, perform a comprehensive testing service and advise on improvement opportunities to meet your corporate and market entry needs of speed, quality and cost.
Bureau Veritas is ideally positioned to assist retailers, brands, manufacturers and importers to improve speed to market, reduce total cost of quality whilst complying with safety, performance and in some instances conformance (wireless) criteria in this challenging footwear industry. In conjunction with the relevant legal requirements and the demands of the international market, we offer a wide range of testing services to verify the quality of your products.
• Abrasion (heel lining • outsole)
• Color fastness (leather material • textiles)
• Fitting test with models
• Flex resistance (outsole • upper material)
• Measurement of inner length of shoes
• Resistance (metal parts corrosion • slip • water)
• Strength (attachment • accessory pull-out • seam • material tear)
• Regulatory Requirements such as REACH
• Client’s Product and Manufacturing RSL
• Key Tests include: Azo-dyes • Cadmium • Chlorinated paraffins • Chromium VI • Dimethylfumarate • Dimethylformamide • Nickel release • Organotins • Pentachlorophenol
China Specific Capability
• Athletic shoes (GB/T 15107-2013)
• Causal shoes (QB/T 2955-2008)
• Children's footwear ◦ Safety Technical Specifications for Children's Footwear (GB 30585-2014) ◦ Children's Leather Shoes (QB/T 2880-2007) ◦ Children's Athletic Shoes (QB/T 4331-2012)
• Footwear with shanks (GB 28011-2011 Shanks for Footwear)
• Leather shoes (QB/T 1002-2005 Leather Shoes)