JAPAN MARKET ACCESS
- Compliance For
Wireless Type Approvals
Japan is one of the world’s largest markets for consumer and high-tech products. Consumer electronics, radio devices, and telecommunications equipment to be placed onto Japanese market must meet the specifications defined in the Japan Radio Law and/or Japan Telecommunications Business Law. Authorized by The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), a Registered Certification Body (RCB) like Bureau Veritas provides the MIC certification for type approvals in Japan.
OUR APPROACH TO JAPANESE Wireless RADIO COMPLIANCE
As a leader in quality assurance for both wireless technology and consumer products, Bureau Veritas’ EAW Group in Japan, a MIC authorized Registered Certification Body (RCB), provides a suite of wireless testing and certification and type approval services to support your market access to Japan. Leveraging our combined experience and know-how in both Japanese regulations and wireless technologies, we can help you with comprehensive services and advisory support to fulfill the MIC requirements.
Our suite of services include:
GITEKI CERTIFICATION (TECHNICAL STANDARDs CONFORMITY CERTIFICATION AND CONSTRUCTION DESIGN CERTIFICATION)
Technical Standards Conformity Certification
Certify and test for conformity of an equipment for each unit to which the certification mark “Giteki” and ID number is granted. Applicable to small production and prototype production.
Construction Design (Construction Type) Certification
Certify “construction deign” of an equipment and test per model to which the“Giteki” mark and ID number is granted. The Certification does not limit the quantity of the equipment as long as the equipment is manufactured by the same design and the manufacturing method is applied as the certified model.
The Specified Radio Equipment connected to telecommunication network requires compliance to technical standards conformity in both Japan Telecommunications Business law and Japan Radio Law.
- Technical Standards Conformity testing and certification services in accordance with the Japan Radio Law
Construction Design testing and certification services in accordance with the Japan Radio Law
Technical Standards Conformity testing and certification service in accordance with the Japan Telecommunications Business Law
Construction Design testing and certification services in accordance with the Japan Telecommunications Business Law
Additional Support Services including advisory, measurement of antenna gain and document preparation are available
Additionally, IoT equipment needs to meet Security Standard under Technical Standards Conformity Certification (Giteki) of Japan Telecommunications Business Law.
By Ministerial Ordinance that MIC promulgated on 1 March, 2019 (MIC Ordinance No. 12), the Ordinance Concerning Terminal Facilities etc., Japan Telecommunications Business Law was partially revised to add security measures to technical standards of IoT equipment. The revised Ordinance becomes effective on 1 April, 2020 that IoT equipment directly connected to telecommunication line, such as Web Camera and Router, need to meet Security Standard of Technical Standards Conformity Certification (Giteki) under the Japan Telecommunications Business Law.
- Testing and Certification Conformity Services in accordance with the Security Standard of Technical Standards Conformity Certification (Giteki) under the Japan Telecommunications Business Law.
Special equipment used for experiment, trade shows and marketing surveys would be exempted from the Technical Standards Conformity Certification (Giteki) under the Japan Radio Law for 180 days by requesting a waiver to the MIC. To request a waiver, the special equipment should be FCC certified or CE marked; otherwise, it needs to be confirmed with the conformity to the technical standards by a qualified radio operator.
• Support conformity to the technical standards by a qualified radio operator
• Application service for a waiver to MIC and follow up
Industrial Facilities Emitting Radio Waves
- Confirmation of Type for Industrial Facilities emitting radio waves
- Testing and application for permission, and Type of specification of Industrial Facilities emitting radio waves
Extremely Low Power Radio Stations
|source: MIC's The Radio Use Web Site by Telecommunications Bureau of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications https://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/e/ref/material/rule/|
Penalty may be imposed for exceeding specified limit of field intensity.
- Testing of Extremely Low Power Radio Stations that validates the equipment is compliance with the specified limit by the regulation
Local 5G IMPLEMENTATION SERVICE
Advisory on selection of radio equipment according to customers needs and budgets
- Support adjustment of radio frequency interference with other operators
- License Application of local 5G to MIC
- Inspection in compliance with Japan Radio Law before and after implementation
- Testing and certification of technical standards conformity for radio equipment for local 5G
Japanese Carrier IoT Service
- For DOCOMO Field Test Based on GCF-FT (DFTG) test: Bureau Veritas is an approved lab of NTT DOCOMO. We provide DOCOMO Signaling Test / DOCOMO Radio Performance Test (DST/DRPT) and other relevant Field Trial tests.
- For KDDI: We provide both Simulator and Field Trial tests.