PTCRB and GCF Testing
Connect with Confidence
2G, 3G, 4G-LTE and 5G testing and certification capability
Mobile technology is subject to voluntary standards set by PTCRB and GCF – organisations which develop certification programmes based on the wireless industry’s evolving needs.
Designed to complement regulatory standards, these programmes ensure that smartphones, data
cards and other devices comply with 3GPP standards for 2G (GSM), 3G (WCDMA), 4G (LTE) and 5G.
PTCRB certification mainly focuses on North America bands, while GCF certification mainly verifies
the devices working in bands elsewhere. They recognise one another's certification testing data.
OUR APPROACH TO PTCRB AND GCF TESTING
Bureau Veritas can assist with PTCRB and GCF certifications via conformance testing, radiated
performance tests (OTA), interoperability testing, field trials, smartphone testing and more. Our
tests address all technologies, including Cat-M, NB-IoT, LTE, 3G, 2G, MMS, DM, SUPL and UICC.
We obtained the PTCRB Award of Excellence in 2019 (following the same success in 2018, 2015
and 2013); and have the largest network of suitably equipped laboratories in North America,
Europe and Asia.
- Connectivity testing – Bluetooth, WiFi, DSRC, CBRS, LoRa, SigFox, Thread, Zigbee,EMVCo/Visa
- Performance testing – Reliability, antenna (OTA), energy use, environmental performance,
- Safety and regulatory testing – Electrical safety, flammability, EMC/RF, SAR, cybersecurity,
mechanical safety, chemical safety and more
- Inspections and audits – To ensure quality at every stage
- New market access – International approvals management (200 territories worldwide)
- Certification – CBTL, NRTL/SCC, CE marking, Energy Star, Energy Efficiency Verification,