Health Canada Issues Consultation Document on Proposed Amendments to the Carriages and Strollers Regulation
May. 27 2021
On Monday May 3, 2021, the Canadian Consumer and Hazardous Product Safety Directorate issued a consultation document for amendments to the Canadian Carriage and Stroller Regulation. The consultation document proposes five changes to the Carriage and Stroller Regulation and also provides a questioner for stakeholders to provide feedback.
The five proposed changes to the Carriage and Stroller Regulation are as follows:
• Health Canada is proposing to amend the mechanical requirements of the regulation by allowing carriages and strollers to comply with either ASTM F833-19 or ISO 31110:2020 with the entrapment requirements from the ASTM F833-19.
• Health Canada is proposing to remove the reference to the Toy Regulation for surface coating compliance and incorporate the surface coating requirement directly into the Carriage and Stroller Regulation.
• Health Canada is proposing to remove the reference to the Toy Regulation for toxicological requirements and incorporate the toxicological requirements directly into the Carriage and Stroller Regulation.
• Health Canada is proposing to include requirements for phthalates for vinyl parts
• Health Canada is proposing to maintain flexibility for warning statements and to allow for possible alignment with the ASTM F833-19 or the ISO 31110:2020
The questionnaire supplied to the interested stakeholders is intended to address the five proposed changes and also to request any additional questions, comments or concerns related to carriage and stroller safety.
Comments on the proposal will be accepted up to June 17, 2021.
To view the Carriage and Stroller proposed amendments:
To participate in the consultation:
How Does this Impact You? Contact Us to Discuss
Bureau Veritas can help you ensure that your products will meet your customer’s expectations as well as all applicable regulations. We can help you reduce cost and time-to-market, minimize the risk of recalls and returns, increase sales and customer satisfaction, and eliminate previously unidentified threats to your company’s reputation. Our services help protect both your bottom line and your peace of mind.
If you have any questions on these final rules, please contact your customer service representative or email: email@example.com