- Product categories with the most settlements/judgments:
- Bags/kits/cases/totes/backpacks/pouches: 20%
- Food and dietary supplements: 14%
- Phthalates were the chemicals named in the most settlements and judgments, and accounted for 55% of settlements/judgements. 79 settlements/judgements were for DEHP, 13 for DINP, 4 for DBP, 3 for DIDP, and 2 for two or more phthalates. The notices covered a wide range of products.
- Metals accounted for 31% of settlements/judgements, with 28 for lead, 1 for cadmium, and 4 for two or more metals.
Download Bulletin PDF file to view charts with Q1 2023 top targeted product categories and top targeted chemicals.
Recent CA Prop 65 Regulatory Updates
- CA Prop 65: Q4 2022 60 Day Notice Summary (January 2023)
- CA Prop 65: Q4 2022 Settlements & Judgements Summary (January 2023)
How Does this Impact You? Contact Us to Discuss
By monitoring Proposition 65 actions and settlements, Bureau Veritas help retailers and manufacturers take a proactive and comprehensive approach to compliance. We assist our clients in determining if listed Prop 65 chemicals are present in their products; identifying exposure routes and assessing the risk levels in items. We then help our clients to build in the appropriate requirements into their testing and quality assurance program an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions, please contact your customer service representative or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.