This Bureau Veritas report provides a summary of the California Proposition 65 settlements and judgements for Q2 2022.
- Product categories with the most settlements/judgments:
Food and dietary supplements: 21%
- Phthalates were the chemicals named in the most settlements and judgments, and accounted for 54% of settlements/judgements. 97 settlements/judgements were for DEHP, 9 for DINP, 4 for DIDP, 3 for DBP and 5 for two or more phthalates. The notices covered a wide range of products.
- Metals accounted for 27% of settlements/judgements, with 52 for lead, 5 for cadmium and 2 for two or more metals.
Download Bulletin PDF file to view charts with Q2 2022 top targeted product categories and top targeted chemicals.
Recent CA Prop 65 Regulatory Updates
- Chromium in Leather Shoes Judgement Issued Under California Proposition 65 (July 2022)
- BPA in Socks Settlement Under CA Prop 65 (June 2022)
- California Proposition 65 Settlements (June 2022)
- 60 Day Notices for BPA in Shoes under California Proposition 65 (April 2022)
- OEHHA Issues Second Notice of Modification of Proposed Amendments to California Proposition 65 Short Form Warning (April 2022)
How Does this Impact You? Contact Us to Discuss
By monitoring Proposition 65 actions and settlements, Bureau Veritas help retailers and manufacturers take a proactive and comprehensive approach to compliance. We assist our clients in determining if listed Prop 65 chemicals are present in their products; identifying exposure routes and assessing the risk levels in items. We then help our clients to build in the appropriate requirements into their testing and quality assurance program an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions, please contact your customer service representative or email: email@example.com