Technology Update - EAW News Apr 2020
Apr. 27 2020
Welcome to April’s Bureau Veritas Global E.A.W. eNewsletter featuring Japan Market Access and our recent recognition of PTCRB Award of Excellence for our Taiwan wireless lab. Also, check out our upcoming webinars scheduled for May focusing on ErP and Energy label requirements for Lamps/Control Gear.
Discover more below or click the hyperlinks to learn more in detail online.
Japan Market Access for IoT Products and Radio Devices
Japan is one of the world’s largest markets for consumer and high-tech products. Consumer electronics, radio devices, and telecommunications equipment to be placed onto Japanese market needs to comply with Japan Radio Law and/or Japan Telecommunications Business Law by The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC).
Bureau Veritas Japan is a MIC authorized Registered Certification Body (RCB) providing comprehensive wireless testing, certification and advisory services to assist you to fulfill MIC requirements for IoT products / radio and telecommunications equipment.
Japan GITEKI Certification for IoT Products & Radio Equipment
- Most IoT products can be exempted from license acquisition when the equipment is certified by a Registered Certification Body (RCB) and bears a certification mark “Giteki”
- The Giteki certification includes Technical Standards Conformity Certification and Construction Design (Construction Type) Certification
- IoT equipment additionally needs to meet the Security Requirements
Exemption for Specified Radio Equipment
- Special equipment used for experiment, trade shows and marketing surveys is exempted from the Technical Standards Conformity Certification (Giteki)
- To request a waiver, equipment should be FCC certified or CE marked; otherwise, it needs to be confirmed with the conformity to the technical standards by a qualified radio operator
PTCRB Award of Excellence
- Our Taiwan wireless lab has again obtained the PTCRB Award of Excellence
- This is the third consecutive year of receiving the outstanding performance award from the PTCRB
- Bureau Veritas Taiwan has been a PTCRB authorized lab since 2011 offering comprehensive wireless conformance services for PTCRB, GCF, Wi-Fi Alliance®, NFC Forum, FCC and Bluetooth® SIG requirements
May Webinars - ErP and Energy label requirements for Lamps/Control Gear
Attend to receive updates on the latest EU regulatory requirements on eco-design and energy efficiency for lamps and control gear
- May 5 | Tuesday
- May 12 | Tuesday
- May 13 | Wednesday
- May 14 | Thursday
- May 15 | Friday
Review all our online events at https://bvcps.bureauveritas.com/webinars