China Market Access:
for Fashion Brands
The size of China’s fashion market amounts to US$318,978m in 2022 and is expected to grow annually by 4.43% (CAGR 2022-2026) accordingly to Statista. The number of fashion brands in China is also increasing rapidly, with a projected growth rate of 8% by 2021.
Domestic brands have been developing rapidly in recent years while a new generation of consumers is becoming more demanding with their consumption patterns. Accordingly to McKinsey, Gen Z accounts for 15% of China's population, with the size and their potential of spending power, they represent the future of China's luxury fashion market.
According to Tang from Euromonitor International, “Chinese consumers are showing an increasing preference for local brands that demonstrate strong capabilities in leveraging new technology and adopting fashionable styles.”
The number of fashion brands in China has surged from 3,500 to more than 10,000. With rising incomes and changing lifestyles, Chinese consumers are becoming more sophisticated. Selling fashion in China is continually facing new challenges such as dealing with a large number of counterfeit products, and inadequate supply chain infrastructure. At the same time, brands and retailers also need to be alert for new opportunities in China, such as luxury fashion goods, alternative next-gen leather products and more.
WHY CHOOSE BUREAU VERITAS?
Our holistic approach to China domestic market access solutions for China local brands and international brands:
• CNAS Reports - Provided by all labs in our global network that test for China.
• Convenient Test Packages - With over 700 standards for textile & apparel products, we have developed a series of test packages/protocols for multiple product categories.
• Inspections, Audits, and Trainings - In addition to testing, we provide a full spectrum of inspections, audits, and advisory services available for China domestic market.
• Sustainability Claims - Bureau Veritas is accredited by Textile Exchange (TE) and can provide certification for key schemes including Global Recycled Standard (GRS), Recycled Claim Standard (RCS), and Organic Content Standard (OCS).
• Sustainable Chemical Management - BVE3 - A ZDHC recognized digital solution to analyze a chemical inventory for its compliance and to help obtain a ZDHC InCheck Report.
• Superior Service - Our dedicated Technical Services team in China supports your market access.
• Reduce Duplication, Save Money - A majority of requirements & test methods of GB Standards are identical or similar to ISO Standards. We can develop a program to reduce duplicated tests.
• Technical Leadership - We participate in drafting GB Testing Standards, e.g. GB/T 23330 Clothing - Requirement of Protection Against Rain, and GB/T 22852 Knitted Fabric for Swimwear.
• Local China Labs - We have multiple Softlines and Footwears testing labs located in various provinces within China, such as Guangzhou, Jiangyin, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Quanzhou, Shanghai, Shaoxing, Tianjin, and Wenzhou.
• Government Partners - We work with key China Government Agencies, such as Entry-Exit Inspection & Quarantine Bureaus (CIQ) and China Certification & Inspection (Group) Co., Ltd (CCIC).