- The product category with the highest amount of notices was food and herbal supplements, which accounted for 40% of all notices this quarter. Of those, the notices were for: 252 for lead, 55 for two or more metals, 49 for cadmium, and 2 for other chemicals.
- The product category with the second highest number of notices was Beauty/Personal Care/Hygiene/Cosmetics/Sanitizers, which accounted for 17% of all notices.
- Chemical Trend: 51% of all notices were for metals: 349 for lead, 52 for cadmium, 52 for two or more metals, and 1 for arsenic. The notices covered several product categories.
- 29% of all notices were for phthalates: 212 were for DEHP, 27 for DINP, 16 for DBP, one for BBP, and 5 for two or more phthalates. The notices covered a range of products.
Download Bulletin PDF file to view charts with Q1 2023 top targeted product categories and top targeted chemicals.
Recent CA Prop 65 Regulatory Updates
- CA Prop 65: Q4 2022 60 Day Notice Summary (January 2023)
- CA Prop 65: Q4 2022 Settlements & Judgements Summary (January 2023)
How Does this Impact You? Contact Us to Discuss
By monitoring Proposition 65 actions and settlements, Bureau Veritas help retailers and manufacturers take a proactive and comprehensive approach to compliance. We assist our clients in determining if listed Prop 65 chemicals are present in their products; identifying exposure routes and assessing the risk levels in items. We then help our clients to build in the appropriate requirements into their testing and quality assurance program an ongoing basis.
If you have any questions, please contact your customer service representative or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.