Modification of Resolution 2107 Andean Technical Regulation for the Labeling of Footwear, Leather Goods, Travel Articles
Nov. 25 2020
UPDATE: Modification of Resolution 2107 Andean Technical Regulation for the Labeling of Footwear, Leather Goods, Travel Articles and the like”
Recently the Andean Community announced that due to Covid-19, this Regulation’s enforcement has been delayed and will enter into force on November 15, 2021.
Background: The Andean Community (Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru) had approved Resolution No. 2107 - Andean Technical Regulations for the Labeling of Footwear, Leather Goods, Travel Items and the Like. This Technical Regulation establishes the minimum information labeling requirements for footwear, leather goods, travel items and the like, which are manufactured and / or imported and marketed within the Andean sub region. This resolution was reported in BV Bulletin 19B-041 in December 2019.
Summary of Resolution No. 2107 - Andean Technical Regulations for the Labeling of Footwear, Leather Goods, Travel Items and the Like:
Required information to be labeled:
- Predominant materials that make up the product
- Manufacturer or Importer Identification
- Size (only for footwear)
- Country of origin
General information: Labels:
- Information can be on one or more labels.
- Must be easy for consumers to understand.
- Must be in Spanish language without prejudice to other languages.
- Must be clear, visible and easy to read characters.
- Must remain attached to the product until purchased by the consumer.
- Must be placed in a visible place of the product.
- The manufacturer or importer identification and the size may be on permanent or non-permanent labels.
- The predominant materials and country of origin must be on permanent labels.
- When it is not possible for all information to be present by stamping, sewing, or stenciling due to the design or material, the required information can be on a non-permanent label.
- Labels of products sold in sets and pairs: the label must be on each of the pieces for items sold as a set. For footwear that has been manufactured of the same material and design, the information on the label must be presented in at least one of the pieces of the pair, except for the size, which must be located on both pieces.
For more information: http://www.comunidadandina.org/DocOficialesFiles/resoluciones/RESOLUCION2170.docx
How Does this Impact You? Contact Us to Discuss
If you have any questions, please contact your customer service representative or email: firstname.lastname@example.org